Can we start a sentence with considering?
in spoken English, as a sentence adverb at the end of a sentence (making a comment on the whole sentence or clause): He does very well, considering. They’ve made remarkable progress, considering they only started last week. Considering the price we paid, it was a very disappointing meal.
What does being respected mean?
Respect means that you accept somebody for who they are, even when they’re different from you or you don’t agree with them. Respect in your relationships builds feelings of trust, safety, and wellbeing. Respect doesn’t have to come naturally – it is something you learn.
How do you show respect in a conversation?
Respectful Communication Skills
- Practice politeness, courtesy and kindness.
- Listen graciously.
- Avoid negativity.
- Talk to people — not about them.
- Don’t overcriticize.
- Treat people equally.
- Be emotionally empathetic.
- Value others’ opinions.
How can I speak more kindly?
How to Always Speak With a Kind Heart
- Speak Thoughtfully. While your words may not be remembered years later, choose them carefully.
- Speak Kindly. Being kind doesn’t mean that you can’t make your point.
- Reserve Judgement.
- Be Honest.
- Consider Another Opinion.
- Don’t Yell.
- Say Thank You.
What do you say to staff?
The Top 40 Employee Compliments
- “Having you on the team makes a huge difference.”
- “You always find a way to get it done – and done well!”
- “It’s really admirable how you always see projects through from conception to completion.”
- “Thank you for always speaking up in team meetings and providing a unique perspective.”
How do you speak constructively?
12 rules for constructive communication
- Use “I” messages instead of “You” messages. “You” messages sound blaming and accusing.
- Communicate the entire message.
- Don’t use your feelings as weapons.
- Use specific language.
- Focus on the problem, not the person.
- Stop bringing up ancient history.
- Watch out for mixed messages.
- Pay attention to your body language.
How good is your communication skills?
You’re a capable communicator, but you sometimes experience communication problems. Take the time to think about your approach to communication, and focus on receiving messages effectively, as much as sending them. People respect you for your ability to communicate clearly and they appreciate your listening skills.