With each new generation of video formats reshaping how we consume media, MP4 is more prone to survive the rage of the digital era than other file types. Dispensing with any profound formula to execute the coded rules and instructions embedded in, MP4 has blossomed out in both the web and mobile viewing of all sorts as a plethora of media formats draw upon their twilight. Bogged in incongruous codec and the abortion to upload a video, users try to figure out how to convert video to MP4 or other formats that boast a high degree of compatibility.
Here in the post complied some of the top video converters that you could leverage in your work and convert video to MP4. Scroll down to learn more!
How to Convert Video to MP4 with VideoProc Converter
Armed with a full GPU acceleration, and endorsed by dazzling codec formats and editing features, VideoProc Converter has secured an unassailable lead in the industry. The software, integrating both the basics and advanced tools in the program, has unveiled peerless inclusiveness to the beginners and old stagers. With the assistance of the streamlined design and an extremely large amounts of formats built in, users’ demands on converting video to MP4 could be instantly met.
VideoProc Converter – The Top-Notch in Video Conversion
- Full GPU acceleration to assure a 47x real-time faster processing speed, devoid of any crash or glitch issues, and free from GPU overheating or overuse concern
- A basket of editing functions cater to the needs of a variety of users when it comes to video polishing, and escalate the footage with simple yet solid edits without jeopardizing the quality
- Sophisticated conversion equation doubled with the dynamically reconfigured bitrate makes fast and flawless conversion performance, a consummate expert in the aspect; batch conversion is doable
- Built in media downloader engine and recorder tool help the users pull contents from various websites, and record iOS/desktop screen, green screen features included
- Clean and straightforward interface helps the users to quick locate and access the program, refreshing and increasing the using experience
How to Convert video to MP4 with VideoProc Converter
Step 1. Download and launch VideoProc Converter on your device.
Step 2. Import your videos.
Click Add Video or drag-drop the files to the program.
Step 3. Choose MP4 as the output format.
Go to the Target Format where you can find tons of output profiles to work with. Select MP4 as the objective format.
Step 4. (Optional) Edit your video if necessary.
In the editing bar and the editing panel equips a wealth of editing tools that you could manipulate to polish your video, including:
- Basics functions: cut, merge, crop, add subtitles, effects, rotate and flip, etc.
- Advanced functions: stabilize video, remove fisheye, remove noise, make GIF, insert watermark, video enhancement, etc.
Step 5. (Optional) Format setting
One little tip you could go into here is that you can take hold of your video with the Format settings next to Edit Video panel, in which you are allowed to customize the file parameters and detailed properties, including video size, quality, resolution, aspect ratio, sample rate, audio codec and more. The last but not the least, don’t forget to tune the Quality settings to High if you seek to produce lossless quality output.
Step 5. Export and convert
Hit run to export the MP4 video, and make sure to verify all the information filled in.
Note: VideoProc has witnessed an immerse growth since its debut back in 2006. Aside from the proprietary converter of renown, the company has dropped its new product last month – VideoProc Vlogger, an intuitive and capable video editing software.
How to Convert Video to MP4 with VLC
Projected as a free open-source media player, VLC could also convert your video to MP4 and other more accessible formats. The program could be seen as an overlay on top of a resourceful library that can manage different things like video conversion compression and editing. Available in both Windows and Mac OS, VLC has gradually established itself in the market throughout the past a few years.
Step 1. Download and open VLC.
Step 2. Go to the Media tab at the top left corner, and in the pull-down menu hit convert/save. Or use shortcut Ctrl+R to access the Convert option.
Step 3. Click Add. Find and add video files you are working on, then click convert/save.
Step 4. In the Convert window pops up, click the drop-down list next to Profile and select Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4) or Video – H.265 + MP3 (MP4) as your output target.
- 264 (also called AVC) comes with a better compatibility than H.265 (also called HEVC), yet the latter offers significant improvements in several ways compared with the former, the main difference among which sits in HEVC allows for further reduced file sizes and required bandwidth.
- Another tip you might want to learn about is with the grey tool icon right next to the profile list, you could activate the profile edition panel. There you can make further adjustment on media parameters like bitrate, quality, frame rate, resolution, filters, etc.
Step 5. Click Save, and choose a destination through clicking on Browser to save your MP4 files. Then hit Start.
How to Convert Video to MP4 online
For those who are hunting for a quick in-and-out action as they try to convert Video to MP4, online conversion would be an optimal way out. But spoiled for myriads of choice as more editing products hit the market, people might not know where to turn. Thus down below, we have shared with you two online solutions that could assist you to rapidly convert videos to MP4 online.
Running as an online file conversion tool, FreeConvert is completely free and secure. The system maintain scores of file type conversions, holds minimal advertising, and grant users the ability to customize advanced settings to adjust codec, bitrate, duration and more. Note that the maximum file size must remain below 1GB while converting.
Step 1. Go to FreeConvert.com. Click Choose Files to upload the video files from Device, Dropbox, Google Drive or URL input.
Step 2. Select MP4 as your target format in the Format list.
Step 3. (Optional) In the advanced settings, you can further adjust parameters settings.
Step 4. Click Convert To MP4, wait for the system to put together your media file, and hit Download.
Claimed as the simplest way to convert media files online, AnyConv could handle over 400 file formats with a file size limit up to 500MB for free. Notably, it can even convert files formats of fonts, cad files mostly found in engineering drawings, and mesh files used to represent 3D models. Thus with AnyConv, converting videos to MP4 would be nothing but a clinch.
Step 1. Go to AnyConv.com, and import your file through clicking CHOOSE FILE.
Step 2. Select MP4 as the target format in the format list.
Step 3. Hit convert, and as the conversion complete, download the converted MP file.
With the digitalization firing on full power, media conversion falls to one of the essential kits to command in video processing. The a few pieces of software showcased above could quickly pitch in and help convert videos to MP4. Try them out to see which one works best for you!