Table of Contents
- 1 Why are my uverse recordings not available?
- 2 How do I fix my AT uverse audio?
- 3 How do I fix my iPhone if it says no service?
- 4 How do I fix my WiFi always being saved?
- 5 Why is my WiFi only connecting to devices?
- 6 How do I connect more than one device to my WiFi?
- 7 How many devices can be connected to wireless router?
- 8 How do I increase the number of devices on my WiFi?
- 9 Does the number of devices affect WiFi connection?
Why are my uverse recordings not available?
Try these quick tips: Restart your U-verse TV receiver (DVR) by holding down the POWER button for 10 seconds, then press it again to restart. (This takes 5-8 minutes and impacts any DVR recordings in progress.) Press the Recorded TV button on your remote if your recorded program is frozen or missing.
How do I fix my AT uverse audio?
Using your U-verse TV remote control:
- Press Menu.
- Scroll down to Help and press OK.
- Select Information > Troubleshoot & Resolve > TV > Sound.
- Select the Sound issue.
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
How do I fix my iPhone if it says no service?
If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad
- Check your coverage area. Make sure that you’re in an area with cellular network coverage.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device.
- Check for a Carrier Settings update.
- Take out the SIM card.
- Reset your Network Settings.
- Update your iPhone or iPad.
- Contact your carrier.
- Get more help.
How do I fix my WiFi always being saved?
How to fix the ‘Saved, Secured’ issue. Step-by-step guide
- Make sure the date on Android is correct.
- Reboot your smartphone (or tablet).
- Reboot your router.
- Forget network on client device and then reconnect by entering password.
- Try to reduce the distance between the router and the smartphone.
Why is my WiFi only connecting to devices?
The solution is to put your Wi-Fi router back into NAT gateway mode and make sure your Wi-Fi router’s WAN port (not its LAN port) is the only thing connected to the LAN side of the cable modem. Then fully power down the cable modem and then boot it back up.
How do I connect more than one device to my WiFi?
There is a solution – you can share your phone’s WiFi connection to multiple devices using Bluetooth. If you don’t have direct access to a wireless internet connection, it’s quite easy to share your phone’s or any device’s WiFi connection to other devices. Use Bluetooth Tethering.
How many devices can be connected to wireless router?
How do I increase the number of devices on my WiFi?
Open your internet browser on the device that’s connected to your wifi. Depending on the wifi you’re using, you should be able to see the “Options/settings” button for you to click on. Pick from the drop down button close to the Max Wifi and choose the number of wireless devices you want to limit your wifi to.
Does the number of devices affect WiFi connection?
Theoretically, multiple devices connected to Wi-Fi doesn’t slow down the internet speed. But in practice, more the number of devices are connected to the internet, the bandwidth is being shared thus affecting the speed. On the other hand, streaming live videos and downloading large files consumes a sizeable bandwidth.